I think it’s worth putting this up for discussion. It probably makes access to what Makarieva et al’s work is all about easier for some.
Originally posted on Stormy Science:
Full text with editorial summary:
Jeremy Hance mongabay.com (February 01, 2012).
New meteorological theory argues that the world’s forests are rainmakers.
- 1.>> Will you tell us how the biotic pump works?
- 2.>> Why do you associate the biotic pump with natural forests rather than with individual tree species? Cannot a tree plantation act as biotic pump?
- 3.>> Have there been any significant changes to your biotic pump theory over the last couple of years?
- 4.>> Have you seen wider acceptance in the scientific community for your theory?
- 5.>> Can you give an example of why the current understanding of condensation and precipitation is wrong?