Now the dank chill of late autumn gives way to winter frosts
Met Office 16 to 30 day forecast now stretches to Christmas Eve, not that it has changed over the past few days. A sudden weather change without a glimmer of notice for the 25th or 26th, I very much doubt it.
Met Office forecast for period day16to30 issued at 2014-11-25T16:00:00
Forecast for All regions (shared forecast) day16to30, from 2014-12-10 16hrs (Wed) to 2014-12-24 16hrs (Wed)
- UK Outlook for Wednesday 10 Dec 2014 to Wednesday 24 Dec 2014:
- There is no strong signal in weather patterns during this period.
- However, the most likely scenario is a trend towards more unsettled and, at times, windy weather, especially in western parts of the UK, with eastern parts seeing the best of any dry weather.
- Temperatures are generally expected to be around, or a little above, average for the time of year.
- There is a chance of some overnight and morning frost and fog in places – this will be more likely across northern areas where there is also a chance of some snow on higher ground.
“There is no strong signal”. Aerial riggers called out…