Piers Corbyn over at weather action is very pleased with the success of his forecast made back in December for snow to arrive as a result of a sudden stratospheric warming around mid January. Well done Piers. The rest of the forecasting community was late to this.
What to Do
– To help cope with the dangerous very cold and snowy/blizzardy weather in UK, Eire, and Europe and USA**, and also Asia or anywhere in the world.
(i) DOUBLE OR TREBLE all snow amount forecasts on TV from 24/12 hr ahead.
(ii) EXPAND ALL THE WARNING REGIONS GIVEN on TV
(iii) INCREASE ALL WINDS (fronts will become more active and isobars tighter)
NOTE for Europe /Britain & Ireland Greenland and / or Scandinavian Highs are likely to strengthen – encouraging colder blasts and impeding less cold air from the West.
(iv) HELP others at risk
** For USA information see http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news
What Will Happen
Expected Events around the WeatherAction forecast Sudden (Increased) Polar Stratospheric Warming (SSW) ~17-18 Jan and associated R5+ (17-20) & QV5+ (16-19) Periods
1. Around 16/17/18/19th we expect the red region of the warmed stratosphere in the monitor/ standard projection link below to expand / darken (warm) rapidly.
Standard dynamic moving model smoothed record and projections of 30mb temps
This shows temp of Stratosphere: http://twitpic.com/bsk4gb/full There are various measures around. WeatherAction forecast was issued Jan3, before model forecasts for the dates of WeatherAction SSWs.
OBSERVED: The flic (which includes short time ahead projections) shows a ‘step like’ expansion and darkening over Asia around 16-18th FORECAST EXCELLENTLY CONFIRMED.
Other measures of SSWs confirm this rapid growth. This SSW is a record breaker in observed stratospheric warming terms already.
2. Shortly after – eg 18-19-20-21 we expect rapid expansion southward of the Greenland High. The Scandinavian High might also / instead expand but our main expectation is the Greenland High (see eg GFS maps link below). These changes will surprise standard meteorology.
GFS monitor / forecast: http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=euro&MODELL=gfs&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=pslv&HH=0&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=
OBSERVED: There is some evidence of this already but we need to wait.
3. Excited polar-type lows in the associated airflow from the North over Norway Sea / North of North sea will bring snow/blizzards to N/E Britain while other activity in West/SW brings snow/blizzards to West parts.
4. During this time the reliability horizon of standard Met will reduce to 24-48hrs TOPS
5. Major Solar Active regions forecast to appear and be ~earth facing in this period. CONFIRMED.
AR1656 to AR1654 Earth facing 15th. AR1654 is a very large significant area visible to the naked eye under the right circumstances – see link; http://spaceweather.com/archive.php?month=01&day=15&year=2013&view=view
6. Major Earthquake(s) M6.5+ in the QV5+ (16-19th) period
There has been an M6.1 on 15th 16.09gmt in the Antarctic within our standard half a day of 16-19th in line with SH prob preferred in this period – see http://climaterealists.com/index.php?tid=33
Earlier Observations – Jan 14.
The standard projections of Jan 14 show a rapid increase in Stratospheric temperature 17-21st (especially 17-18th so the timing of the WeatherAction SSW forecast is CONFIRMED) with the red area in two halves spreading to roughly the whole of Asia and to the whole of Canada plus the northern half of USA.
We are monitoring the polar stratospheric Temperature as well as Pressures especially Greenland High and Scandinavian High.
Piers Corbyn 16/17 Jan 2012 +447958713320
What to Look out for in coming events
The Brit+Ire 30day forecast carries key dates of WeatherAction predicted SUDDEN polar stratospheric warmings and expected key surface pressure and weather events.
Further detail is in Eu pressure forecasts & commentary and RTQ (Red Warning, Thunder/tornado and Quake (trial) (Extreme Events Rest Of world) Forecasts
=> These are available as part of the Eu 30day service and B+I 45d service on
Note subscriptions NOW to B+I 45d service get these December pdfs AND on 15th Jan also get the B+I 45d forecast for Feb. Seize the time!
CO2 warmists in double whammy retreat
· UKMetO bends towards WeatherAction cold forecast! Standard Met can’t cope with new reality of coming new LittleIceAge Superb graph from Joe Bastardi: http://bit.ly/Vf8Vtr
· Campaign message of the week : LEARN, UNDERSTAND AND PASS ON!
FACT: Met Office data is still fraud THE WORLD IS COOLING http://bit.ly/UkErVX
Almost Right! UKMetO DOWNGRADE ‘Global Warming’!! http://bit.ly/11cTHv5
For the facts of CO2 warmist fraud by MetO-BBC-CRU (Uni of East Anglia) see http://twitpic.com/bu5bw1/full
2. Recent News / Regular WeatherActionTV reports:
● Jan Forecast news B+I, Eu, USA, Quakes/thunder – Extreme Events world NEWS REPORTS IN news sections of WeatherAction 30day JAN 2013 forecast pdfs
Europe WeatherAction Dec forecast won through – Report http://twitpic.com/brwxlq/full
Brit+Ire WeatherAction Dec forecast wins battle of Britain – Report http://twitpic.com/brx0hw/full
USA WeatherAction Dec Extremes forecast ‘brilliant’ Report twitpic.com/brx1gi/full