Full Fact is currently recruiting for a freelance researcher/factchecker to take a lead factchecking the claims made in the passage of the Energy Bill.
He/she will be responsible for identifying the claims made by stakeholders, politicians and the media in debates about the Bill, and analysing the sources of these claims to assess their accuracy. A sound knowledge of energy policy is a must, as is the ability to communicate clearly issues of scientific and economic complexity.
He/she will prepare concise, factual and impartial written and verbal briefings. The role will involve working closely with other researchers and the Communications team.
- In-depth knowledge of the energy industry
- Fluency in statistics and data, and the ability to communicate these in concise and clear prose
- Working in a fast-paced environment and to tight deadlines
- Working in a research environment
- Postgraduate qualification in relevant subject area
Personal skills and attributes:
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Commitment to political neutrality
Please apply by submitting your CV (no more than two pages) and a maximum 500-word cover letter. These should be sent to email@example.com, with the subject line: “ENERGY BILL researcher application”.
Starting date: ASAP