The famous flying carp. (photo, the author)
Summer this year came late. In at least the south the weather was unusually good, with blue skies, fairly warm, not a great deal in the way of rain.
I was expecting screeching from the Met Office about the warmest August evva. They popped up a blog article mid-month then nothing.
This afternoon the Met Office areal data was updated so I tripped a refresh of the work I do based on said data.
I had no idea on what to expect. Mind numbing unremarkable…
- rainfall, all regions between 0SD and -1SD
- sunshine, all regions between +0.5SD and +1.5SD (except NI which was slightly below zero)
- MaxT, all regions, between 0SD and +1SD
- MeanT, all regions, between 0SD and +1.2SD
- MinT, all regions, between 0SD and +1SD
There is nothing to say.
The 2016 harvest?
Farmers Weekly provide some photos and comments. I’d heard comment a few weeks ago of an expected bumper year whereas most European countries have had a bad year. Rain showers can spoil things, really though the proof is actual yield and quality.
Oh, the fish. I just pressed the shutter.
Post by Tim